[Foundation-l] Stories of WP

Thomas R. Koll tomk32 at gmx.de
Thu Sep 30 05:55:30 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 12:01:15AM +0800, Andrew Lih wrote:
> I'll be talking to the BBC tomorrow about Wikipedia, and they're also
> interested in stories about Wikipedia outside of US/Europe.
>
> Of the top 20 languages, only Chinese and Japanese are non-European.
> However, if anyone can point me to some interesting stories regarding
> users in developing countries or how Wikipedia is used in unusual
> ways,  please let me know.

Maybe not excactly what you want, but on de: we have a group of
Swiss pupils (age 15-17) who wrote a lot about the small island-country of
Nauru making it to the maybe best described country in Wikipedia.
They also start to translate their articles to English.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_Nauru
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kategorie:Nauru
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:CdaMVvWgS - the group of pupils

ciao, tom