[Foundation-l] Stories of WP

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 18:43:35 UTC 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:26:54 -0700 (PDT), Daniel Mayer
<maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Andrew Lih <andrew.lih at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'll be talking to the BBC tomorrow about Wikipedia, and they're also
> > interested in stories about Wikipedia outside of US/Europe.
> >
> > Of the top 20 languages, only Chinese and Japanese are non-European.
> > However, if anyone can point me to some interesting stories regarding
> > users in developing countries or how Wikipedia is used in unusual
> > ways,  please let me know.
>
> Uh - what about the majority of English and Spanish speakers who live outside
> of Europe? :)

Well, he did say "outside of US/Europe", which must put a pretty big
dent in English. And both English and Spanish, are technically
speaking, European languages, so his second paragraph is probably
technically accurate, from a pedantic point of view. But especially
with Spanish, you do have a point: I wonder how many South American
contributors we have there (and what of Brazillian Portugese?)...

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]