[Foundation-l] Quick thoughts on fundraising

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 26 05:51:07 UTC 2004

--- Erik Moeller <erik_moeller at gmx.de> wrote:
> [many good things]

With the exception of the idea of paying a grant admin (which is a role I would
like to see us try to have done via volunteer time - at least for now -
temporary consultant work is OK though), I really can't recall a single thing
you suggested that I don't agree with. In fact I would very much so like to see
most of it happen.

The real big issue now is that somebody is going to have to code a bot to fetch
and parse the PayPal data. A mechanism would also need to be added to the bot
whereby Moneybookers and mail donation could be periodically added to the
totals via human input (I'm not aware of a read only account access option for
Moneybookers and I would never trust full access to any of our accounts to a
bot).

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)

PS - could you add your ideas to [[m:fundraising ideas]]?
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_ideas