[Foundation-l] Re: Partnership with Mandrakesoft

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 04:30:51 UTC 2004

Delirium a écrit:
> Erik Moeller wrote:
>
>> Am I the only one who is worried about this?
>>

> Probably not--I think a good first step would be to contact someone
> appropriate at MandrakeSoft and see if they really know what they're
> getting into.  When they say they're willing to take the legal risk, do
> they know that there is a non-negligible chance that there are
> copyrighted materials in there somewhere?  Or are they only thinking
> about libel/etc.?  It's possible they're familiar with Wikipedia and
> already know all this, but someone should find out.

The discussion with Mandrakesoft has been ongoing for perhaps 2 months.

Yann is the primary contact with them, and he explained all that with
them. The board has been in copy of most of the mails, and Angela is the
  primary contact for this whole topic.

So, possibly, the first good step to do was already done, and it is not
necessarily to find someone to check out if they already know about this.

If Yann is announcing this for you, it is because the deal is now
public, not because the deal was just suggested yesterday. The french
wikipedia has been labelling all its pictures during summer for that
perspective, and it was strongly suggested that en does the same as well.

ant