[Foundation-l] One suggestion for donation

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 19:14:34 UTC 2004

--- Sj <2.718281828 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I still like this idea.  I think we should consider a proper
> production run of one or two nice items, from a much cheaper
> manufacturer than cafe-press.  They won't go to waste; among other
> things, we can send some of them to donors who give over a certain
> amount.

That would be a very good idea so that we can sell/give out items at meetups
and other special events.

> On the other hand, distributing physical items with our logo is a gift
> that keeps on giving... as friends (even people who rarely use the
> web) see you wearing your shirt around, or guests admire your bizarre
> drink coasters at a party.

Yes - promotion is good. Giving a person a t-shirt and a bumper sticker for
donating 50 bucks (for example) may increase donations. But we have to work out
the logistics of that first.

> When I wrote in favor of having "100,000 physical instances of WM
> products distributed", this is the kind of product I was thinking of.

Neat goal. :)

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)