[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Fundraising pages

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 16:27:34 UTC 2004

--- Petr Kadlec <petr.kadlec at gmail.com> wrote:
> Could someone please explain if there is some logical system in all
> those WMF-donation pages? I know about
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/WMF-don
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Fundraising_pages
> http://wikimedia.org/fundraising
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home
> and it seems to me they differ among themselves somewhat
> significantly. I have translated the page at
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/WMF-don to czech
> as I thought it would be better if the sitenotice that I have placed
> to w:cs: would better link to a czech version of the page. But now, I
> have no idea where should the czech translation be placed (I suppose
> that m:Translation_requests/WMF-don/Cs: is not its final place), I
> cannot add a page to wikimediafoundation.org like the german Wikipedia
> did (as I have no login there), or should I create a fundraising page
> directly on cs: ?

Sorry, everything is a mess right now and there is no documentation yet because
we are making this up as we go along due to the extreme rush to get the WMF
wiki set-up.  Things should settle down a bit in a few days at which point I
will try to figure this out for myself and document that. :)

But we have moved from a one page, one language HTML-only setup to a 21 page
per language setup that is very heavily dependent on wiki templates that take
multiple variables (but if PayPal is irrelevant for cs, then that could be cut
way down). I'm also not sure what the procedure for approving a translation is
now or if there are only a certain set of languages we want translated - for
that you will have to hear from the board.

-- Daniel Mayer, WMF CFO