[Foundation-l] Re: Proposal for multilingual coordination on foundation website

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sun Sep 19 14:58:18 UTC 2004

> I do get it.
> But what do you suggest ? That we declare one language to be the default
<snip>

Sorry, wasn't clear :)
Two cases: simple page, complex page

Simple page, one person does the first version in whatever language
s/he wants, that's the "original" language. Of course people can
suggest changes & such. This page is though considered "master" one,
ie people should translate it (if they know the language, of course!)
and not another. Hint: the talk page of "my page" can be used to
discuss changes.

Complex page, with many people writing: split "master" page in some
subpages, each one in its language. Maybe even use templates. When all
bits are ok, make a page including those templates.
Example: [[Complex page]] => [[Template:CP1]], [[Template:CP2]],
[[Template:CP3]]
Translate CP1, CP2 & 3. To make [[Complex page/fr:]] just do
{{CP1/fr:}} {{CP2/fr:}} {{CP3/fr:}} => there you go.
And to make other versions, just subst fr: to language code - you can
then do ONE time the page layout, and include tidbits around.

*wonders if that's clear O.o*

Ryo