[Foundation-l] New fundraising page version

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 18 02:10:57 UTC 2004

Still working on http://wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising and its subpages. Per
Friday's meeting, here is my suggested tier scheme for the currency-specific
versions of
http://wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising/USD/monthly and
http://wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising/USD/yearly

MONTHLY
Tier	USD	JPY	EUR	CAD	GBP
1	2.5	300	2	3.5	1.5
2	5	500	4	7	3
3	10	1100	8	15	5
4	15	1500	10	20	8
5	20	2000	15	25	10
6	25	3000	20	30	15
7	35	4000	30	45	20
8	50	6000	40	65	30
9	70	8000	60	90	40
10	100	11000	80	130	55

YEARLY
Tier	USD	JPY	EUR	CAD	GBP
1	30	3600	24	42	18
2	60	6000	48	84	36
3	120	13200	96	180	60
4	180	18000	120	240	96
5	240	24000	180	300	120
6	300	36000	240	360	180
7	420	48000	360	540	240
8	600	72000	480	780	360
9	840	96000	720	1080	480
10	1200	132000	960	1560	660

Whatever we use, I would like to have the yearly amounts be exactly 12 times
the monthly ones but will do whatever most people want. NOTE: PayPal recognizes
at most 10 options and the above are *not* exact currency conversions; a good
deal of rounding - sometimes up, sometimes down - was used on many values.

If there are no suggestions for improvement, I'll go ahead and start to
implement the above in 24 hours (first for English, then for the other
languages; translators can start work now by using the visible text as a
guide). The handful of people who have WMF wiki accounts should feel free to
suggest changes by making them (I plan to mirror each of these pages on Meta
once everything settles down; but that is just too much work right now).

NOTE: I already plan to add more explanatory text. Any suggestions welcome.

See aslo: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Fundraising_pages

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)