[Foundation-l] Re: domain name administrator--> Trust level

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Fri Sep 17 17:21:04 UTC 2004

Christopher Mahan wrote:

>I peronally think that the job is highly critical, and should not be
>left to a volunteer. You should either hire someone who does this
>already for a living, as a professional, or jimbo should handpick
>someone he trusts explicitely. I think Jimbo does the DNS stuff now,
>and probably will in the future.
>So the point is probably moot.

If it's already taken care of, it is indeed moot, but I think all that's
really needed is a responsible volunteer who can be trusted to be
contactable and keep the information in order.  What we really need is
to make sure we have all the information when it's needed, so if a
developer were redoing our DNS setup, and needed some stuff changed,
they would be able to get the information and access they needed.  It's
mostly having a dozen different people registering different domains at
different registrars that would really be a mess.

-Mark