[Foundation-l] ticket system and newsletter software (was: Secretlondon's attacks on Jimbo Wales)

Kurt Jansson jansson at gmx.net
Mon Sep 6 19:06:39 UTC 2004

Erik Moeller schrieb:

> A ticket system would offer quite a few advantages over a simple mailing
> list: 1) no duplicate effort, 2) no need for spamming your inbox, just do
> everything through a single web interface, 3) easily expand the team of
> "agents", with different categories and associated user rights.
> Essentially a Bugzilla for emails.

We've been talking about a ticket system in the German press team, and most
people support it's use, though it would be less open. But it would be less
chaotic, too. ATM some questions get answered twice, others might be overlooked
between all the spam and viruses (especially a virus filter would be a big (!)
improvement for the people answering the info at wikipedia.de mails).

> This system here looks interesting:
> http://otrs.org/
> http://otrs.org/screenshot/

Another system which has been mentioned is
http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/

A newsletter software would also be quite useful, especially for sending out
press releases. We could use mailman, but a specialized software would do the
job much better. PHPlist seems to be popular:
http://tincan.co.uk/phplist

Kurt