[Foundation-l] Re: Wikijunior - Wikispecies, Mk 2?

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 19:09:58 UTC 2004

--- "Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales" <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
> I think we need to be a lot more careful with terminology.  Not every
> new thing is a "fork".

Wikijunior will not be a fork if it is developed on Wikibooks. It will just be
a set of booklets aimed toward kids. A static version of milestone snapshots
could be hosted in a place that would be deemed "safe" for kids. WikiReaders
would also be created.

None of that would be a fork. Setting up a separate wiki to develop Wikijunior
*would*.

-- Daniel