[Foundation-l] Re: Wikijunior - Wikispecies, Mk 2?

Rebecca misfitgirl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 13:47:17 UTC 2004

> I think that you are correct that grants should be discussed openly, but
> this can only occur if there is feedback from the community.

I think these really need to be more broadly advertised. When an
attempt was made to collaboratively write the NEH proposal, it was on
the top of Recent Changes on en for days, if not weeks. It got some
attention - and subsequently the decision was made that it wouldn't be
a wise step to proceed. It'd be nice to have a central place to
announce these sort of things, also. I don't know if I'd be of much
use, but it'd be nice to know what's happening there.

> As for wikijunior wikireaders having opposition or be largely considered
> as a fork, I currently see no evidence.

If it's just going to be a WikiReader, then that's fine.

However, the current proposal clearly mentions an online version,
which would clearly be a fork. I'm not even necessarily opposed to
that, but if it's going to get higher priority than some (i.e.
Wikiversity, Wikimorial) which people have been pushing for for ages,
it would be nice to at least see some sort of discussion (ala
Wikinews) first.

-- ambi