[Foundation-l] French domain lost

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Wed Oct 20 23:48:03 UTC 2004

Luc Van Oostenryck wrote:

>> Have you thought of trademarking the term "Wikipedia" ?
>>

> Yes, but the french associatino must be first created.
> The creation is foreseen ni one or two weeks.

I thought the plan was to have the main Wikimedia Foundation hold all
trademarks, worldwide, rather than local associations holding them?  If
I understand correctly, EU trademark law allows a single trademark to be
valid across the EU, and the Foundation was planning on applying for
such an EU-wide registration.  Has this changed?

-Mark