[Foundation-l] Single login - decision 2004

Anthony DiPierro mcfly.org at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 23:11:54 UTC 2004

> new names are picked only when necessary. It is somewhat vulnerable to
> trolling, as someone could e.g. register the name Eloquence on a wiki
> where I am not active, and use it for nefarious purposes. The system could
> however make it fairly easy to find out that this is not the same person
> (on the user page: "This user is active on the following wikis: .. under
> these names: ..").

Isn't it possible to allow certain users (maybe anyone with more than
50 edits) to choose to automatically register his/her username on all
available wikis?

As for option 1, I strongly oppose any system which would remove or
change the attribution of users edits without their permission.  This
would almost surely not affect me personally (I doubt there are other
users named "Anthony DiPierro" and even if there are I would assume
I'd have "seniority"), but I consider it unethical to do it to anyone
for any reason.

On a slightly related note, is there any intention to enable the "Real
Name" feature on the wiki?  Again it's not such a big deal for me
personally, as I already use my real name as my username on most wikis
where I contribute, but I can see how "Bob Jones #788888" might want
his real name to appear somewhere in the history information.

> Regards,
>
> Erik

Anthony