[Foundation-l] Re: Crazy desires

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 9 06:17:26 UTC 2004

Rowan Collins a écrit:
> On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 00:38:18 +0100, Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>What does that mean [sic] anyway ?
>

> It's latin for "thus", and is commonly used in English to denote that
> a grammatical or spelling error is part of a direct quote, and not an
> error made in the reporting of that quote; or, that an error is
> intentional, and should not be pointed out or corrected.
>
> e.g. "the letter said 'dear sir/madm [sic], i am..."
>
> See also: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Sic

Hmmmm, okay

> [Myself, I'd say there's no need for the "pseudo" in that edit
> summary; although perhaps "irritating petty troll" would fit better]

Well, I know that this user is doing the same for other people on en.
But in the past few days, he has been going through several of the pages
I wrote in meta, and I do not appreciate that he put some sic everywhere
in what I write. I would revert him, but he also put some corrections at
the same time. So if I want to let the correction, I have to go to each
sic one by one to remove them.

Now, it may be just trolling, and I should perhaps just shake my head
and do nothing, but I consider Dyslexia behavior NOT okay.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Membership_fees&curid=7451&diff=0&oldid=76492

I wrote many pages on meta, and ALL these pages contain bad grammar and
bad spelling. It is offending me that someone point out to each and
every mistake a foreigner make in international page.

Yesterday evening, this user edited several pages, and in one of those I
wrote, he commented "Why does a Frenchie write the English texts??"

This is not the first time.
This behavior is not acceptable in international pages.
If that person want to lose her time correcting my english, fine, but
without defacing the text, and without adding some sic everywhere.

I would like to ask that the international community is respected on meta.

I would like that someone talk to her, before I block her.

I am just millimiters of doing so.