[Wikimania-l] CD

Osmar Valdebenito osmar at wikimediachile.cl
Wed Aug 10 18:58:42 UTC 2011

It seems pretty clear that all had different experiences. I had problems in
Ben-Gurion because of my name (It's not Arab, it's German! look at
Wikipedia!) so I had to be almost one hour in each security control. They
confiscated my shaving machine and the people of my local airline (LAN) is
trying to recover. Dennis, the other Chilean, had his notebook confiscated
because its hard drive wasn't working (he had a problem at Wikimania).

It was funny that in the first control, they were asking me a lot of things.
And then when they asked me why I attended Wikimania and I say I was the
president of Wikimedia Chile, they stopped asking questions and "released"
me. Finally something good about having a Board position :P