[Wikimania-l] Israel = apartheid

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Fri Apr 1 06:59:44 UTC 2011

On 03/31/11 4:50 AM, matthew satchwell wrote:
> Please dont hold you conference in Haifa
> If so I will be obliged to boycott you
> I was brought up in South Africa

I will attend in the spirit of openness. Even though my political views
are more favorable to the Palestinians I will not use that as an excuse
to miss Wikimania.  I will very much avoid going to the occupied areas,
but this should not prevent me from travelling within Israel's generally
recognized borders. Much more can be gained and the spirit of Truth and
Reconciliation better served by attending than by engaging in an utterly
ignorant boycott.

Ray