[Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2011 announcement

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Tue May 11 18:50:22 UTC 2010

Dear all,

(I am really happy to send a message on a completely new topic :) )

The Wikimania jury has selected Haifa, Israel as the location for
Wikimania 2011. The Haifa team presented a compelling, detailed bid[1]
 that the Wikimania jurors were very impressed by. As usual, all of
the Wikimania bids had good points, and it was a very difficult
decision. Detailed feedback will be sent to all bids. Public
discussion of the bids and the Wikimania process is also welcome, and
we know the winning team will appreciate the community's support and
help in making a great Wikimania.

We also apologize for the lateness of this announcement. We invested a
lot of time in careful consideration of all points. I am happy to
answer questions about the process.

Congratulations to the Haifa team and many thanks to all of the
bidders for working so hard. I personally encourage all bidders to use
the energy that has been put into these bids by hosting smaller
regional events, and considering another bid for Wikimania in the
future.

Phoebe Ayers
James Forrester
Cary Bass