[Wikimania-l] thank you

Florence Devouard anthere at anthere.org
Wed Jul 14 00:00:38 UTC 2010

On 7/13/10 11:32 PM, Austin Hair wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Lodewijk<lodewijk at effeietsanders.org>  wrote:
>
>> But also "the people we did not see" did a tremendous amount of work in the
>> past weeks. I remember that I slipped a few days before the conference that
>> it would be nice to have X in the attendee packages, and the next day they
>> were suddenly arranged!
>>
> I didn't get any X in my attendee package.  Are you holding out on me?
>
> Austin

Well, I did not get any attendee package at all (none left when I went
to collect it the first morning).
But aside from missing the full program which would have been useful to
have, I do not think I have much to complain.
I spent 6 wonderful days in Gdansk, which is a lovely city. I met plenty
of great people. The program was interesting. The concert was SO cool.
There was food and there was a bed. I could always find an electrical
plug (not always the case in previous Wikimanias) and whilst not great,
the Internet was usually working. I read several time that the streaming
was great. Rumors from other participants tell me that most people were
happy as well. So, thank you thank you thank you to all the organizers !

Ant