[Wikimania-l] Transit Visas

Joseph Seddon josephseddon at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 30 19:09:16 UTC 2009

Nationals of the following countries also need a visa to transit through the
UK, known as Direct Airside Transit Visa (DATV). See
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf20transit for more
information.
 Afghanistan Kosovo
  Albania Lebanon  Algeria Lesotho***
  Angola Liberia  Bangladesh Macedonia  Belarus Malawi  Bolivia** Moldova
Burma Mongolia  Burundi Montenegro  Cameroon Nepal  China, Peoples Republic
of Nigeria   Colombia Palestinian Authority  Congo Pakistan  Congo,
Democratic Republic of Rwanda  Cyprus, northern part of   Senegal
Ecuador Serbia (including
documents issued by the United Nations Mission in Kosovo)  Eritrea Sierra
Leone  Ethiopia South Africa*  Gambia Sudan  Ghana  Somalia  Guinea Sri
Lanka  Guinea-Bissau Swaziland***
  India Tanzania
  Iran Turkey  Iraq Uganda  Ivory Coast Venezuela**  Jamaica*** Vietnam
Kenya Zimbabwe

* Since 1 July 2009, nationals of South Africa need a visa to enter or
transit through the UK.

** Since 18 May 2009, nationals of Bolivia and Venezuela need a visa to
enter or transit through the UK.  Venezuelan nationals holding valid
biometric passports containing an electronic chip issued since 2007 will be
exempt from the visa requirement.

*** Since 1 July 2009, nationals of Lesotho and Swaziland need a visa to
enter or transit through the UK.
*Joseph Seddon
Wikimedia UK*