[Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2009 - deadline

Patricio Lorente patricio.lorente at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 18:30:08 UTC 2008

Dear friends:

                        We are writting this email in behalf of
Wikimedia Argentina, to tell you about our concern because of the lack
of news about the jury decision and even about when this decision may
be taken.

                        This is not just a personal concern and is not
 only caused by an understandable anxiety: we are being requested from
potential sponsors and media and we are delaying this meetings because
we don't know what to tell them. The worst thing is that we can't tell
them at least when are we going to know the decision. The Director of
our proposed venue is pushing us to define if we are going to use it
or not, because they need to set the 2009 agenda. And so on. We think
the Toronto team may have the same problems.

                        The last deadline finished twelve days ago,
and since then we had no news. We don't want to disturb nor to hurry
up the jury discussion, but it would be of great help if the jury
could establish a final date. If this is done, at least part of the
uncertainty will disappear.

                        Thanks,

                                       Patricio Lorente Presidente
                                       Enrique Chaparro (Vicepresidente)