[Wikimania-l] Two ideas for WM '08

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 04:51:52 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have a couple of ideas to communicate to the WM 08 organisers, I
hope some are on this list.

1) It would be cool if there was a sponsor interested in the Wikimedia
Commons Picture of the Year (POTY) competition. Either the finalists
from 2007 could be printed up nice and big and displayed
(<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2007/Finalists>),
or the 2006 & 2007 archives could be burnt onto DVDs, and put in the
schwag bags (<http://download.wikimedia.org/poty/>).

2) Maybe this idea doesn't need any organisation from the organisers,
but the attendees :) but I was thinking it would be cool if there was
either a "schwag swap" or a "schwag auction". People could bring items
they had made themselves (t-shirts, stickers and other items with
funny Wikimedia-related slogans) and then either swap them with
others, or donate them for an auction, for people to bid for. The
money raised could go to a local educational charity, for example.

Thoughts?

cheers,
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/