[Wikimania-l] Call for translation of CFP

Any File anysomefile at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 14:05:10 UTC 2007

On 3/5/07, Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> and she suggested
> if we could use sitenotice to call for translators.

Setting a note in the sitenotice it is not an easy thing. Actually I
do not know if there is a sitenotice that can be set globally on all
project.

Sitenotice change should be asked to the community of each project and
requires an administrator to do the change (I think that a steward can
also do that, but this  can rise nasty objection - do you remember the
discussion for the sitenotice during the fundraising?)

For the moment what I suggest is to announce on the translation list,
on pgae about translation on meta and on as much as possible Village
pump pages (or how they are called on the various project),

In my opinion it could be request to add a note on the sitenotice to
ask people to read the Request_For_Partecipation or to register to
Wikimania, but not to put a not to ask to translate a page.

And if any request is made, it is important that this is approved in
every required place and agreement for that reached. (this to avoid
the very common discussion)

AnyFIle