[Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 date & first IRC public meeting

phoebe ayers brassratgirl at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 23:30:43 UTC 2007

I think what this thread really tells us is it would be great to have
as much discussion as possible via email and the wiki, where everyone
can easily participate, since it's pretty tough to include people from
the entire world conveniently in a single meeting. Things like program
suggestions, agenda-building, volunteering for tasks etc can all
easily happen on the wiki.

For my part, I'd be happy to sit out the occasional meeting so that
times are more convenient for others.

For the record, where are interested volunteers for this year's team
from? So far, it sounds like:
* Japan
* Taipei
* Brisbane
* Europe + UK
* Egypt
* West Coast N. America
* East Coast N. America

-- phoebe

p.s. we should have a bank of those clocks in the new Wikimedia office
that show the time all over the world. And some comfortable couches to
nap on.
p.p.s. my other piece of advice is not to change meeting times once
they're chosen; it leads to confusion :P