[Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 date & first IRC public meeting

Mido mido.architect at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 16:26:50 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I'm pleased to announce that Wikimania 2008 happening in Alexandria will be
from 19th to 21st of July 2008.
The Conference will run for 3 days, side events and sechdule shall be
announced before the conference begins.
Registration for Wikimania will be opened in early march, call for papers
will begin in February and Scholarship application will likely begin early
next year.

You're all invited to be part of the online team responsible for website
maintenance, streaming, etc..
We're holding our first public meeting online on Wikimania 2008 IRC channel
on Thursday 13th Dec, at 18:00 UTC. Agenda will include but not limited to:
Messaging and slogans for the conference, we didn't yet decide the main
theme of the conference and how it will be presented in Egypt or worldwide,
your input will be greatly appreciated.
See you in Alexandria :)

On behalf of the organizing team,
Mohamed Ibrahim [[Mido]]