[WikiEN-l] Licensing IP edits and vanished users under CC0

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Mon Aug 17 20:20:40 UTC 2015

On 17 August 2015 at 16:04, WereSpielChequers
<werespielchequers at gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently our default license for EN wiki is CC BY-SA 3.0, but isn't this a
> bit odd for IP editors and vanished users? Wouldn't it make more sense if
> IP editors were licensing their edits as CC SA, and vanishing users as part
> of vanishing were relicensing their edits as CC-SA?

The CC-SA license doesn't exist ;-) Presumably you meant CC-0. I'd
agree with Oliver that changing this would probably be more complexity
than it's worth.

The vanishing users thing is also a bit concerning. I agree that
attributing something to "anon-655345" is a bit silly, but equally I
don't think we can practically insist that a vanishing user is
required to relinquish their copyrights before we let them vanish.

A.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk