[WikiEN-l] Licensing IP edits and vanished users under CC0

Ben Salvidrim benoit_landry at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 17 15:57:11 UTC 2015

Some editors already declare on the userpage that their contributions are licensed under something more permissive than the default (such as CC0, PD, etc ), so maybe such a template could be added to userpages or talks of vanished editors.

As for changing the default licensing of IP edits.... Well, a bold suggestion, and good luck with that! Definitely not something a local project can implement though. Perhaps if meta/global consensus is strong enough to petition WMF Legal your idea might get somewhere. I personally cab definitely see the merits of it.

~Benoit / Salvidrim
[Sent from my Nexus 5]

On Aug 17, 2015 11:34 AM, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 11:07 AM, Oliver Keyes <okeyes at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> This is not a conversation for the -en list, this is a conversation
> for the lawyers and/or wikimedia-l. Individual projects should not be
> messing with licensing, wherever possible; it creates a highly
> confusing and contradictory environment.

No danger in a discussion, wherever it happens.