[WikiEN-l] Licensing IP edits and vanished users under CC0

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 15:04:52 UTC 2015

Currently our default license for EN wiki is CC BY-SA 3.0, but isn't this a
bit odd for IP editors and vanished users? Wouldn't it make more sense if
IP editors were licensing their edits as CC SA, and vanishing users as part
of vanishing were relicensing their edits as CC-SA?

In one case the only attribution we can make is to an IP address, in the
other the editor doesn't want to be attributed.

Changing the default license would then give a more transparent reason for
registering an address. If you would like your edits to be attributed
directly to yourself or indirectly via a nom de plume, then create an
account and your logged in edits will be licensed *CC BY-SA 3.0.*

Regards

WSC