[WikiEN-l] Signpost and basic journalistic integrity

Tony Souter tony1 at iinet.net.au
Tue Nov 5 13:30:48 UTC 2013

Nathan, we almost always use an image as standard practice. What is misleading about those images? And what is offensive about them? Why don't you campaign to deleted from Commons if you're so offended? As the caption says, they are illustrative of troublesome themes on the site.

I've yet to see anyone point to the "inflammatory", "aggressive" text in the piece. It's dismaying when people fling about generalised allegations but then fail to back them up when asked. Where is the article not factual?

"Foray into opinion" ... I've pointed to four sentences that are less objective; did you read them here? Are they worthy of shafting me with phrases such as "ethical lapse", "basic journalistic integrity", "manipulated and pulled out of context", "false light"?

My advice is to avoid giving succour to those who indulge in abuse ("a jerk", "a dick", and worse). I don't crumple when bullied, and here I believe is a set of issues that are of significant public interest. I stand by it and I'd write it again.

I don't want to spend more time on this mailing list.

Tony