[WikiEN-l] So who's beta-testing the Visual Editor?

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Mon May 13 09:39:57 UTC 2013

I tried it for typos, very slow and it worked on one article and kept
trying to vandalise another. But when I edit I like to have Firefox's
spellchecker to red underline possible typos, and this doesn't support that.

I worry about the loss of section editing in the visual editor. Aside from
being one of the most effective ways to reduce edit conflicts, having an
edit button on each section is a great way to encourage editing. Without it
I wonder at the metrics we will get from this. We are making two big
changes, one is expected to increase editing the other to reduce it; If we
only measure the overall effect how are we going to learn the individual
effects?

WSC