[WikiEN-l] bizarre: Women Novelists Wikipedia

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Fri Apr 26 04:19:01 UTC 2013

The thing is that if someone is in a subcategory they are then taken out
of the category. So, if the subcategories are applied, nearly everyone
should be removed from the higher category such as American novelist.
Obviously this was not thought through well. If there is to be a female
novelist category there must be a male novelist category. This will
become more and more evident as time passes and situation equalizes.

Obviously we need to quit arguing and change it. Either a man or a woman
mystery writer would be in both a gender category and a genre category,
if we are to have gender categories.

Fred

> That doesn't necessarily follow. Surely female American novelists
should appear in both categories.
> On 25 Apr 2013 23:14, "Sarah" <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 2:48 PM, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net>
wrote:

>> > What subcategories would American men novelists go into? of course
>> women
>> > would also go into them. By centuries would be one set of
>> subcategories;
>> > and genre: mystery, western, adventure, fantasy, etc.
>> >
>> > Hard to see this as a deliberate slight.
>> >
>> > Fred
>> >

>> Fred, the point is that, if "American women novelists" is to be a
subcategory, then "American male novelists" would have to be a subcat
too.