[WikiEN-l] Psychological correlates of deletionism/inclusionism?

David Goodman dggenwp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 20:09:35 UTC 2013

I came here in 2006, and  one of the things i wanted to do  was  to write
about things I considered important.  I very quickly found that these
topics were considered less than notable  by those people active in
deciding whether to keep articles.

I soon realized I would not get far arguing for my specific topics to be
better covered, as there were too few people interested in doing the work
for them,. I deliberately adopted a general position of strong inclusionism
in the hope that those interested in other topics often considered
non-notable would also work for a general relaxation of standards, and thus
include my topics also. My catchphrase was that we needed to have tolerance
for each others' interests. And so it proved: the very restrictive
arguments common then are rarely heard at present.

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 6:42 AM, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:

> > Don't get your panties in a bunch, David. "Quote-mining"? What is this,
> > Usenet?
>
> He was probably there... He's an old coon dog and won't chase a rabbit.
>
> Fred

David Goodman

DGG at the enWP
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:DGG