[WikiEN-l] Psychological correlates of deletionism/inclusionism?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 15:49:48 UTC 2013

On 15 April 2013 16:43, Hex . <hex at downlode.org> wrote:
> On 14 April 2013 14:29, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Pretty much everything that's fucked up about Wikipedia is emergent
>> behaviour of people being a problem

> I think you mean "failure of management".

No, I think I mean what I wrote, which in the version of the email
you're responding to that *isn't* quote-mined reads:

There is no such thing as rescue by magic, and berating
someone for failing to do the impossible strikes me as pointless.
Pretty much everything that's fucked up about Wikipedia is emergent
behaviour of people being a problem, and top-down magic can't possibly
scale to fix that. It can cripple it, though.

Quote-mining is odious. Don't do it.

- d.