[WikiEN-l] Psychological correlates of deletionism/inclusionism?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 13:27:56 UTC 2013

On 14 April 2013 14:24, Charles Matthews
<charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> What needs to be
> explained more clearly is what took its place. I remember saying to
> Brianna Laugher at the time - she raised the point in Taipei, so was
> ahead of many of us - that "people who like rules" were displacing the
> old-school guys.

There's something about the whole process that's catnip for people who
desperately want nothing more from life than a real-world game of
Nomic. This was obvious by 2004, when we were still in many ways
working out from first principles how to write an encyclopedia.

- d.