[WikiEN-l] Psychological correlates of deletionism/inclusionism?

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sun Apr 14 10:44:59 UTC 2013

On 13 April 2013 22:12, Gwern Branwen <gwern at gwern.net> wrote:

> My basic observation here is that inclusionism/deletionism debates
> seem intractable [...]

Indeed. As is characteristic of false dichotomies.

I was once asked by a prominent journalist where I stood on this. I
replied that it was a boring question. And that once I had defined
myself as deletionist on science topics, where we don't want cruft and
pseudo, and inclusionist on humanities topics, where we really cannot
always know what the academics will turn to next.

Charles