[WikiEN-l] Psychological correlates of deletionism/inclusionism?

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 04:10:08 UTC 2013

Some recent musings reminded me that I never did find a good answer
for an old question of mine: does anything predict whether an editor
will lean towards deletionism?

More specifically, it seems to me that attitudes towards articles take
on almost emotional or moral dimensions, perhaps related to various
psychological factors. Does anyone remember ever seeing any research
touching on this? For example, perhaps someone surveyed editors,
asking for self-identified preference and doing an inventory measuring
personality factors like the OCEAN/Big Five? Of course I checked
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deletionism_and_inclusionism_in_Wikipedia
and Google but nothing particularly germane appears to have popped up
besides random speculation and analogies to Adorno's famous
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Authoritarian_Personality

--
gwern
http://www.gwern.net