[WikiEN-l] Fw: [Christina Grimmie] Please provide a photo of Ms. Grimmie under a licence suitable for Wikimedia Projects ( e.g: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_Grimmie )

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Wed Apr 3 11:23:01 UTC 2013

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your comment.

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 11:27:46 +0100
Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you sure the person you are emailing understands what free licenses
> are? I would include a short explanation and a link to a more detailed one.

The person in question is the management E-mail of the artist in question. Not
sure if they understand it, but I was trying to keep the E-mail brief. Anyway,
hopefully they will return to me, and if they ask a question about what a free
licence and/or Creative Commons and/or etc. are all about, then I can give them
the relevant links (if you can recommend any on the Meta Wiki or wherever,
then it would be great).

But it's a good point that I (and everyone else) should keep in mind for the
future.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

P.S: I am saddened to learn that the article about another YouTube artist that
I like and admire is considered for deletion -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiffany_Alvord ; there is of course
http://tiffanyalvord.wikia.com/ , but Wikia is not enough for that. Personally,
as a mostly anti-deletionist, I think that articles should be improved rather
than deleted, and the Tiffany Alvord article had a very painful history, and
Ms. Alvord is certainly notable. Guess I'll have to flame, err.. comment on the
deletion request.

P.P.S: my comment signature may unfortunately require a virtal correction
according to the first "P.S.". :-(