[WikiEN-l] Fw: [Christina Grimmie] Please provide a photo of Ms. Grimmie under a licence suitable for Wikimedia Projects ( e.g: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_Grimmie )

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Wed Apr 3 10:20:36 UTC 2013

Sent this message now. Comments are welcome, after the fact, as a way to learn
from my mistakes.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 13:18:33 +0300
From: Shlomi Fish <shlomif at shlomifish.org>
To: brian at LH7management.com
Subject: [Christina Grimmie] Please provide a photo of Ms. Grimmie under a
licence suitable for Wikimedia Projects ( e.g:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_Grimmie )

Dear sirs or madams,

I am an editor of the English wikipedia and other wikimedia projects and
currently we have this page about Ms. Christina Grimmie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_Grimmie

( Christina is my favourite YouTube artist, and Team Grimmie rocks! )

However, one thing lacking from there is a photograph, and I was unable to find
any good photograph of Ms. Grimmie under a suitable licence (e.g: Creative
Commons CC-by-sa, CC-by, Public Domain, etc.) on Flickr. I know some localised
wikipedias (where Ms. Grimmie also has some presence - see the translations)
require photos to be under a liberal licence).

If you, or Ms. Grimmie can provide us with a good, representable photo of her,
that would be a great gesture and a wonderful way to promote her in Wikimedia
projects and other collaborative projects such as http://wikia.com/ , and other
people and I would be incredibly grateful for that. I am not a lawyer (IANAL)
but I think that you can license a lower resolution version of the photo under a
liberal licence, and keep the original photo as "All-Rights-Reserved". It can
also be a one-off photo dedicated for Wikipedia.

Please let me know of what you think.

Best regards,

	Shlomi Fish

P.S: I realise the page about Ms. Grimmie could use more work, and is somewhat
out-of-date, but I'd like to tackle one issue at a time.