[WikiEN-l] links to open courses?

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 23:47:54 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Here is something I've been thinking about lately. Do we have a policy
or a practice on linking to open courses in articles, for instance the
MIT courses available at http://ocw.mit.edu?

As universities increasingly move to posting their courses and
lectures online, it seems to me like these would be useful links to
curate and add to the relevant (broad) articles.

I am mostly familiar with English-language courses from US
universities, but I'm also curious if any Wikipedia edition in any
language has had discussions on this subject.

cheers,
phoebe

<at> gmail.com *