[WikiEN-l] More stringent notability requirements for biographical articles

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Mon Mar 26 15:17:10 UTC 2012

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012, Andreas Kolbe wrote:
>> In almost all cases, a stub with the basic information is better than
>> a loose aggregation of factoids. The problem is that well-meaning
>> people (and sometime less well-meaning people) come along later and
>> try and 'expand' what is there. I'd be in favour of locking down BLPs
>> once they reach a certain stage of development and requiring a very
>> high standard of sourcing for new additions.
> These sound like sensible ideas.

Doesn't work.  Since we already require a high standard for sourcing for
everything, this doesn't actually put any additional requirements on BLPs.

For some reason a lot of BLP policy is like that: "here we have the same
policy we use for everything else, but we really mean it this time".  This
never works, of course.