[WikiEN-l] More stringent notability requirements for biographical articles

Andreas Kolbe jayen466 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 11:34:52 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com>wrote:

> ii) Be respectful of the article subject and be prepared to work with
> them if they raise concerns, and don't needlessly antagonise them.

I wrote a couple of essays about this a while ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Hazing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Notable_person_survival_kit

I got a pat on the back from Jimbo on my talk page, but other than that,
they never really caught on.

Of course, what's in those essays only goes as far as it does. The systemic
problem with notability and the accretion method is bigger than that.

Andreas