[WikiEN-l] More stringent notability requirements for biographical articles

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 23 18:45:05 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 6:25 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23 March 2012 17:20, Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 5:16 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Who's Who might say "this guy is notable", but the actual content is
>>> completely self-sourced. It's effectively a sponsored blog entry.
>
>> You miss my point. What I'm saying is that if someone who *could* have
>> a Who's Who entry doesn't have one, then we should be asking why.
>
> Oh yes, it's definitely missing articles list stuff. Agreed.

No, I'm not asking why those with Who's Who entries that lack
Wikipedia articles lack Wikipedia articles. I'm asking why those who
chose to opt out of Who's Who (by not sending in an entry) are not
allowed to opt out of Wikipedia. Sometimes the reasons for not wanting
to be publicly listed in a publication like Who's Who are the same as
for not wanting to be listed in Wikipedia.

Carcharoth