[WikiEN-l] Article Landing Pages - functional prototype to test and comment on

Oliver Keyes okeyes at wikimedia.org
Tue Mar 13 20:39:28 UTC 2012

This argument is absurd. You dismiss the opinions of those who bother to

> speak up, simply because very few bother or care to speak up. On that
> basis, it's not worth ever asking the community anything, ever. That
> includes the famous editor retention studies, or image filter 'referendum'.
>
> Not at all; if I felt like this, I would have quit months ago because my
job would be pointless :). My opinion is more that engaging with the
community is good, and helpful, because even crowd-sourcing suggestions or
opinions from a small chunk can be helpful. But we most not forget that
there are a large number of people we are *not* managing to engage, because
as soon as we forget that, the fire goes out of our desire and need to keep
looking for better ways to keep people involved in what the Foundation does
and what the community decides to do.

--
Oliver Keyes
Community Liaison, Product Development