[WikiEN-l] BLP sources updates following death of article subject

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 12 15:27:42 UTC 2012

Just read that US chemistry professor Sherwood Rowland had died, and
went to the Wikipedia page to see if it had been updated.

I was initially worried to see a BLP sources tag on the article, but I
was getting an old cached version:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Frank_Sherwood_Rowland&oldid=480712752

The current article has been tweaked and updated somewhat and the tag removed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Frank_Sherwood_Rowland&oldid=481524901

Though the source we provide reporting his death is still only an external link.

It is a bit depressing to think that some tagged pages only get dealt
with when they become topical.

Carcharoth