[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia as part of a social media strategy for hotels

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 25 03:18:31 UTC 2012

well wikitravel and openstreetmap are a good place to land those,
and I guess I will collect them in the speedy deletion wiki and
process them there,
since i started the wiki there have been no hotels there,
http://speedydeletion.wikia.com/wiki/index.php?search=hotel&fulltext=Search

it is hard to collect all this information for osm, so why not have
people add it to wikpedia first?

mike

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 3:14 AM, David Goodman <dggenwp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Apparently we need to be a good deal stricter about  hotel entries.
> Notability we can deal with--the content in them is considerably more
> difficult to police.
>
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On 6/22/12, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> http://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/4056585.html
>>>
>>> I suspect we may have (how do I put this) an opportunity to be helpful
>>> to an influx of newbies with not-so-good articles in need of
>>> improvement.
>>
>> Quoting from that:
>>
>> "Wikipedia - CoMMingle will set up a Wikipedia listing if one does not
>> exist and create social links. CoMMingle will also monitor the
>> Wikipedia listing quarterly and check content for accuracy."
>>
>>> (Is there a good place on-wiki to note such endeavours? One of the VPs?)
>>
>> Probably. I'm tempted to suggest WikiProject Spam. It is worrying how
>> Wikipedia is associated by some with social media.
>>
>> Carcharoth

> --
> David Goodman
>
> DGG at the enWP