[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia as part of a social media strategy for hotels

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 22 19:52:20 UTC 2012

> http://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/4056585.html
>
> I suspect we may have (how do I put this) an opportunity to be helpful
> to an influx of newbies with not-so-good articles in need of
> improvement.

Quoting from that:

"Wikipedia - CoMMingle will set up a Wikipedia listing if one does not
exist and create social links. CoMMingle will also monitor the
Wikipedia listing quarterly and check content for accuracy."

> (Is there a good place on-wiki to note such endeavours? One of the VPs?)

Probably. I'm tempted to suggest WikiProject Spam. It is worrying how
Wikipedia is associated by some with social media.

Carcharoth