[WikiEN-l] Current consensus on PR editing?

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Thu Jun 21 11:41:55 UTC 2012

On 21 June 2012 12:35, Martijn Hoekstra <martijnhoekstra at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not bad David!
>
> I tend to take a bit more of a liberal guideline on fixing obvious
> blatant vandalism: "Google CEO Larry Page is a great big poopyhead"
> should be reverted no matter what, even if you have a conflict of
> interest, or are Larry Page himself, and would have thought this is
> generally accepted in the community.

We are wedded to consensus; yet David had to walk a thin line. We are
not really used to giving prudential advice. In concrete situations I
hold myself to giving "correct" advice. The thing is that I am
probably using contextual cues that are hard to describe. (I'd better
stop here since I feel a go metaphor coming on.)

Charles