[WikiEN-l] Massive AfC backlog

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 19:59:08 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Tom Morris <tom at tommorris.org> wrote:

> There is currently an enormous backlog at Articles for Creation, of over
> 700 articles.
>
> If you've got some time spare, it'd be great if you could help work on the
> AfC backlog.
>
> See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:AFC
>
> Many hands make light wiki-work. ;-)

Thank you for bringing this up Tom.

As a volunteer admin, it looks to me like AFC is horrible mess. Not only
has there always been a large backlog, but articles that have references
and would normally pass the CSD barrier at New Page Patrol are routinely
rejected for trivial reasons.

I think we need to brainstorm ways to either drastically improve AFC's
ability to review articles in a reasonable time, or discuss not
highlighting it so prominently to authors of new articles. People who
actively seek input from other editors before publishing articles in
mainspace are our most promising new editors, and we're doing them a grave
disservice right now.

Steven