[WikiEN-l] Current consensus on PR editing?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 13:14:49 UTC 2012

Is there any collected consensus on PR editing or is it all still a
lot of shouting? I'm not asking for your own opinions, but if there's
anywhere this is being discussed in some sort of abstractable manner.

I ask because next Wednesday I will be the Wikipedian at an episode of
the CIPR TV webcast[1]. Basically a podcast with a camera. I have my
own strong opinions, but rather than pushing those I'll be there to
say something reasonably representative of what the community actually
thinks, if there is any one thing it can be said to think. So is there
any place to get a feel for that?

They're also interested in
https://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Draft_best_practice_guidelines_for_PR
which is a how-not-to-foul-up guide put together by WMUK. But of
course that's descriptive and not normative.

- d.

[1] A past episode:
http://www.cipr.co.uk/ciprtv/107801/focus-on-public-relations-practice