[WikiEN-l] Scope of this mailing list

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 22 00:51:39 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 1:31 AM, Phil Nash <phnash at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Starting at the back, and working forward, my posts are not random. They are
> carefully selected examples based on my experience as (currently) a reader
> of Wikipedia and my responses to what I found. I take it as obvious that if
> I can read these articles, so can their subjects, and if they don't like
> what they see, making appropriate noises, or (in extreme cases) litigating
> against the Foundation.

What you seem to be arguing for is a mailing list dedicated to the
issues you raise. The point I was making is that re-purposing this
mailing list (wiki-en-l) for that purpose is unlikely to succeed (or
be desirable), and that is what I meant by references to this being a
bit random. In other words, the venue(s) you are chosing for raising
these matters seem a bit random. What you seem to be looking for is a
mailing list version of the BLP Noticeboard. I've copied the WMF
mailing list on this post (as you added that mailing list when you
replied), but I won't see any replies to that mailing list as I'm not
subscribed there. I've removed Jimmy from the cc list, as the posts to
public mailing lists should be sufficient.

Carcharoth